Peace Bonds

The Peace Bond Complaint and Statement of Offense Form will be online shortly. In the meantime, please contact our office for further assistance.

Q. What is a Peace Bond?

A. A peace bond is a court order designed to keep the peace by protecting someone who has been threatened, but not harmed. When a judge issues the Peace Bond he is ordering the person who made the threats to deposit money with the court. If the person who made the threats commits the threatened criminal action then the deposited money will be given to the state.

Q. What can a Peace Bond do?

A. A peace bond warns someone not to break the law. If the person breaks the law, then he or she will face criminal charges and lose the money (the bond) deposited with the court.

Q. How can I apply for a Peace Bond?

A. You apply for a Peace Bond by filing a Peace Bond Complaint and Statement of Offense by Complaining Party with the Justice of the Peace in your precinct. If the crime has already happened, a criminal complaint should be filed with the police or sheriff, instead of a Peace Bond. Peace Bond Application can be found here

More Resources:

[sibling-pages depth=”2″ sort_column=”post_title” exclude_current_page=”1″]