Click here to download the
English / Spanish-Protective Order Questionnaire.
If you return the questionnaire by mail or by fax, please call the Protective Order Unit at 903/583-7448 to make sure that it has been received.
- Your questionnaire will be reviewed by an attorney after it is received; this usually takes at least one working day.
- We are unable to call everyone who turns in a completed questionnaire – you must call our office to make an appointment to meet with an assistant district attorney and prepare your protective order application.
- You will go to court about two weeks later.
This form is not a protective order application.
- COMPLETING THIS QUESTIONNAIRE DOES NOT MEAN YOU HAVE A PROTECTIVE ORDER. COMPLETING THIS QUESTIONNAIRE DOES NOT MEAN A JUDGE WILL GRANT A PROTECTIVE ORDER.
- The District Attorney’s Office uses this form to determine if we can represent you in a protective order proceeding.
- YOU MUST CALL THIS OFFICE TO CHECK ON THE STATUS OF YOUR QUESTIONNAIRE.
- If the District Attorney’s Office can represent you in a protective order proceeding, you will have to meet with an assistant district attorney.
- You must go to court to get a protective order.
- The information that you provide in this questionnaire is for the use of the Fannin County Criminal District Attorney’s Office only and will be kept confidential unless we are required by law to release or report any information.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our office.